Happy Saturday neighbors! Let all of you know what’s going on locally to start today on an informed note.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Cloudy most of the time. High: 79 Low: 56.
Here are the best stories today in Phoenix:
- US Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg visited Phoenix on Friday to discuss President Joe Biden’s new project A trillion dollar infrastructure bill which has just been promulgated. Buttigieg stopped at the old Metrocenter shopping center, visited the light rail extension which connects east and west Phoenix, and walked around Sky Harbor Airport. (FOX 10 New Phoenix)
- Most of the members of the internal diversity committeee for the Maricopa County District Attorney’s Office stop this week because of the way VSProsecutor Allister Adel handled a blackface scandal. Members said officers of the office continually delayed and refused to support Their efforts. (ABC15 Arizona)
- Two free vacation experiences in the Phoenix area start their seasons This weekend. start his Christmas fun at 6 p.m. on Saturday with his official tree lighting. Glendale’s Downtown in December started their season on Friday night. The lights in both places will be stay awake throughout the holiday season for your viewing pleasure. (12 News)
Today in Phoenix:
- Healthy fall festival and turkey gift. (7h00)
- Milkweed plantation for monarch butterflies in the Tonto National Forest. (9h00)
- Chanoyu – Discover the way of tea – Phoenix Japanese Friendship Garden. (9h00)
- Local commerce Az Early Bird Makers Market. (9h00)
- Arizona Indigenous Arts Festival in Tempe. (10:30 am)
Phoenix patch notebook
- Phoenix Fire Department: âDon’t be a statistic! Every year, thousands of drivers, passengers and pedestrians are injured or killed as a result of distracted driving. The main causes include cell phone use, searching for objects, reading, make-up, eating, front and rear passenger distractions. . Keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road! â(Facebook)
- City of Phoenix: â$ 100 grocery gift cards for adults who get fully immunized using our #PHX # COVID19 mobile vans. We still don’t offer any testing for customers either! Gift cards available while stocks last. Start here: Phoenix.gov/COVIDTesting â(Facebook)
- City of Phoenix: âThird Street will be closed between Washington and Monroe Sunday from 7:00 am to midnight. If you are downtown for the Suns game or other events, avoid using Third Street.â (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Please follow and stay informed. See you soon! If you enjoy these newsletters, consider bringing some of your friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Caitlin sievers
About me: I am an avid writer and photographer who worked as a reporter and editor for various publications in the Midwest before landing in Phoenix. I have seven roommates. Four of them are cats. Contact me at [email protected] with story ideas and comments.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Phoenix Daily? I’m all ears. You can email me at caitlin.sie[email protected]