ay Burley is expected to return to Sky News on Monday after being suspended for six months for flouting lockdown rules.
The TV presenter was caught celebrating her 60th birthday with ten people, four more than the allowed restrictions, in December of last year.
The channel’s political editor Beth Rigby and correspondent Inzamam Rashid were also off the air for three months after attending the party. Both have since resumed their roles.
Ms Burley posted a photo of herself raising her arms as she lay on a sofa to break the news on Twitter.
“See you Monday,” she said.
“I hope you are as happy as I am to be back.”
Junior production staff leaked details of Ms Burley’s birthday celebration after overhearing her discussing her plan to dine at the Members-only Century Club near Piccadilly Circus with a party of more than six.
They then recruited a paparazzi photographer to take photos of the group and leaked the story to the media from an encrypted email account.
After the party was exposed, Ms Burley said in December: ‘I have today agreed with Sky News to step down from my broadcast role for a period of reflection. It is clear to me that we are all in the fight against Covid-19 and that we all have a duty to firmly follow the rules.
“It doesn’t matter that I thought I was a Covid complaint at a recent social event. The point is, I was wrong, I made a big mistake, and I’m sorry. Some dear friends and colleagues – some of the professionals the most talented and committed in our company – were drawn into this episode and I regret it very much.
“I was one of the founding presenters of Sky News. No one is more proud of the reputation of our channel, the professionals on our team and the impact we have. I can’t wait to continue my 32 year career with Sky when I return. “
The rally took place in London, which was then subject to Level 2 restrictions.